Welcome

Everyone has a voice, and a choice to use it well, use it poorly, or not to use it at all.


Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Ecuador


This Christmas break, I have the opportunity to go to Ecuador with Summit Adventure to spend nine days in ministry and mountaineering. I view this as a phenomenal opportunity, because it combines two of the things that excite me the most: climbing mountains and the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Mt. Cotopaxi

 For about half of the time,  I would stay in Quito, the capital city of Ecuador, and serve with the Ecuadorian ministry Remanso de Amor, sharing the gospel in a variety of ways. The other half of the time would be spent in mountaineering training, including attempts on some impressive peaks. This training interests me because it will teach skills I need to know to pursue my vision for outdoor ministry in the future.

Quito, capital of Ecuador

I will send out letters to raise support for this trip in the next few days. Having seen God provide many thousands of dollars to sustain me in Nepal gives me total faith that He will can raise the $2,200 necessary to send me to Ecuador. I am praying that God will move people to give of what He has given them to support me in this ministry. I am excited for this opportunity, and hopeful that God will make it reality!

Visit my Ecuador Updates page for more updates about Ecuador.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!